Pages

2011-02-14

Let's start nails!

This year, I want to start doing nails.
To start with, I will write a little bit about myself.

My name is Satoko.
I loved doing nails when I was young and I was constantly wearing cute nails done by myself.
As you may know, Japan is a nail heaven.
Lots of girls wear creative and decorative nails, it's easy to get nail goods.

I really wanted to learn more about nails so I decided to go to a nail school.
The school I went was called "Pro nail academy" which is still at the same location in Vancouver.
I took a course there and learned about nail diseases to nail sculpture.
I went to school from 9am-5pm everyday and my life was good :)

After I went back to Japan, I had a child and after that I started working as a delivery nail tech.
I mostly went to hotels for bridals on weekends.
That was really good experience but I had to quit because I got pregnant.

Since then my nail life has stopped, but now I sometimes get to have my own time and since nails are getting popular here, I decided to start doing nails again.

I still need practice, but after I get good enough technique, I want to start my business, and here is my new blog where I post my nail pictures and write down how I did.

Nowadays, the most popular nails are gel nails.
There are lots of kinds of gel systems.
The newest thing is called soak-off gel (sometimes called soft gel).
Literally, the texture is much softer than non-soak-off gel or acrylic.
It's mostly for gel overlay (just on your own nails), but there are some kind that you can make sculptures (make your nails longer).
I found a very good gel system in Japan.
Gels are made in Japan, it's hard enough to make strong nails, very clear, hypoallergenic, non yellow, and etc...
I ordered a starter set and tried several times, and I like it so far.
It hasn't turned out so good but it's not because the product but because my lack of experience.
I think for sure I will be good using this product.

So, here are some pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment